ECIA Closing Conference7 NOVEMBER 2014
This conference will address a new policy agenda to maximise the innovative contributions of European creative industries to the wider economy. Creative industries represent highly innovative companies with the potential for strong economic impact and a foreseen growth potential as one of Europe’s most dynamic sectors.
This conference will be organized in cooperation with CLICKNL, the Dutch knowledge and innovation network of the Topsector Creative Industries.
Please download the full programme:
ECIA Closing Conference 27-28 November, full programme (pdf)
About the European Creative Industries Alliance (ECIA)
ECIA is one of the first concrete measures at European level promoting creative industries and their impact on the European economy. ECIA’s overall task is to advocate the role of the creative industries as a catalyst for innovation and structural change and to propose new policy instruments that will maximise the innovative contributions of the creative industries to the European economy. At the conference the results of the 3 year ECIA project will be presented and discussed.
The conference is free of charge and is organised by the Amsterdam Economic Board, coordinator of the ECIA platform, in partnership with the city of Amsterdam. To attend the conference, please register in advance:
(Can’t see the Register-button? Please click here.)
- Presentation of the ECIA final report with 10 policy recommendations
- Panel discussion with politicians on EU, national and regional level about the recommendations of ECIA
- Panel discussion with practitioners about the implementation of the recommendations
- Break-out sessions: sharing experiences and next practices
Conference speakers are a.o.:
- Ms Jet Bussemaker, Minister of Culture and Education, the Netherlands
- Ms Kajsa Ollongren, Deputy mayor of the city of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Mr Rasmus Wiinstedt Tscherning, chair ECIA, managing director CKO, Denmark
- Ms Caroline Norbury, CEO Creative England, UK
- Mr Gian Paolo Manzella, Regional Councillor for Lazio Region, Italy
- Ms Barbera Wolfensberger, chair Topteam Creative Industries, the Netherlands
- Several high level representatives from Ireland, Finland, France, Denmark, Italy, Germany, Estonia, Austria, the UK, Spain and the Netherlands.
For a full list of speakers, panel members and bio’s, please view the speakers info page.
The activities during the conference will take place in in different venues in Amsterdam. Read more about these venues here.
If you wish to spend a night in Amsterdam, we have arranged a few discounts on hotels nearby the venue of the conference. For more information, please visit www.eciaplatform.eu/hotels
6 OCTOBER 2015
Launch of the renewed ECIA
27 JANUARY 2015
Euronews item on Wallonia, European Creative District 2015
10 JANUARY 2015
EBN Tech Note on Creative Industries presented at Cluster2020 Conference
29 JANUARY 2015
The potential of public space to generate creative cluster success
29 JANUARY 2015
The Brazilian Market Guide for entrepreneurs
11 SEPTEMBER 2014
4CNW key reports: Brokering Creative Advantage