Policy Learning Platform
The European Creative Industries Alliance (ECIA) is based on three main pillars following the objective of the Call: collaboration, analyses and dissemination.
ECIA seeks to:
• increase the impact of the Creative Industries;
• improve understanding on the contribution of creative industries to the Innovation Union and Europe’s 2020 strategy;
• make policy recommendations;
• stimulate the spill-over effect of the sector towards ICT, Tourism and more;
• raise awareness on the transformative power of service innovation;
• brand Europe as a creative place;
• establish the appropriate ecosystem;
• inspire guidelines of future EU Structural Funds (with draft recommendations as from month 8) and other EU programs (research, culture, trade, EIB, mobility) by exploiting Europe’s creativity;
• take stock and learn from past and current initiatives supported by EU funding programs (notably Interregs).
The fundamental aim is to encourage creativity, risk taking and entrepreneurship in a holistic way to achieve smart, sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe, in line with the objectives of the Europe 2020 strategy.