Thematic Paper: Access To Finance17 JUNE 2014
In this series of papers, six ECIA member organisations present their findings and policy advice. Read on for a short extract and/or download the full thematic paper by by the Catalan Institute for the Cultural Companies.
“This report sums up the work done by the ECIA’s WG on Access to Finance, coordinated by ICEC. In order to facilitate the access to finance of European CCIs under the current framework, key challenges & recommendations have been identified to guide policy initiatives on this subject. These are some of the debate fields:
- Existing financial tools for SMEs can and should come into use for the support of creative industries. Should we encourage taylor-made solutions?
- How investments in the CCIs can be raised? Investment readiness with investor awareness combination programmes could be part of the solution.
- Which are the new emerging trends of financing small creative industries? It’s necessary to explore this issue in order to integrate innovation, build sustainable communities and multiply the impact of a relatively low public funding.
- How to match public grants with privately raised funds? Smart solutions for leverage instruments should be explored.
- What happens with IP assets valuation? A lack of understanding undermines its potential and attraction capacity.
- What about internationalization? New investment models should be designed on a cross-border level by involving neighboring countries.”
Download full paper
Read on: Thematic paper Access to Finance – Barcelona (pdf)
6 OCTOBER 2015
Launch of the renewed ECIA
3 DECEMBER 2014
ECIA Closing Conference: this is just the start
21 NOVEMBER 2014
Workshop report: Creative Industries Policies, a knowledge exchange
1 JULY 2014
Closing the gap between investors and the creative industry
17 JUNE 2014
Thematic Paper: Access To Finance
21 FEBRUARY 2013
Five practical steps outlined in Creative Industries Council Access to Finance report